2016 Nominations Now Being Accepted
The Annual Stormwater Awards Program recognizes individuals, communities, groups and others whose efforts reflect SMC’s core mission of flood damage reduction, water quality improvement, natural resource protection and enhancement.
Nominations due October 1, 2016. Please email your nomination in PDF format, or mail to LCSMC, 2016 Stormwater Awards, 500 W. Winchester Road, Suite 201, Libertyville, IL 60048.
For more information, contact Susan Vancil, 847-377-7714.
- Best Management Practice (BMP) and Development - Given for project or development that is designed and implemented with effective Best Management Practices to meet multi-objective benefits.
- Community - A community who has participated in and/or led an effort to improve the watershed or components thereof.
- Education, Outreach and Media - Individual reporter, newspaper, magazine, website, or other medium that has devoted articles or a series of articles on topics related to stormwater and floodplain management.
- Stewardship - Volunteer individual or group who has shown exemplary leadership and service to improve a watershed via an innovative project or another proactive activity that changes how we approach watershed issues.
- Richard A. Welton Stormwater Manager - A professional stormwater practitioner, professional group/individual, local/state/federal agency/individual that has positively impacted one or more of Lake County’s watersheds.
Past Award Winners
View archive of past winners.