Convenience, Flexibility & Rewards
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility and rewards of electronic payments for taxes. Lake County has contracted with Federal Payments to offer individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay real estate taxes directly over the internet and phone.
Proven Safe & Reliable
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. An additional fee will be charged by the third party provider, absolutely no additional funds are provided to any taxing districts from these additional fees. This fee will be shown separately from your tax amount on your credit card statement. Please be sure your line of credit covers both the property tax amount plus the additional fee.
Process Information & Requirements
- Payments Online and Phone (877-690-3729 Jurisdiction #7021) by Credit Card; the additional fee will be 2.35% of the payment amount of taxes paid.
- Current tax year only/Can pay multiple parcels/Payment will be credited within 3 business days.
- Easy Payment via Internet: To use this service, please read and click the button below.
- Accepts multiple payments.
- Can pay current years only.
- Payment will be credited within 3 business days from transaction.
- Partial payments will be accepted (please be extra careful in selecting the amount you wish to pay).
- System will display and provide confirmation number and summary page including the amount and additional fee.
- Any questions regarding your bill, please call the Lake County Collector's Office at 847-377-2323.
- Any questions regarding the payment process or service fee, please contact our payment provider (forte) at 866-290-5400. For Customer Service, press #1.
- Electronic check option: transactions between $0 to $50,000.00 will be charged a $1 fee, while $50,000.01 to $80,000.00 are $3.00 and $80,000.01 to $100,000 are $8.50. Electronic checks above $100,000.00 will not be accepted.
Lake County is now accepting pre-payments for the, as yet unbilled, 2017 property taxes using 2016 property taxes as an estimate. IRS regulations regarding deductions based on these pre-payments are unclear, while Lake county will accept on-line pre-payments for 2017 property taxes, this does not guarantee pre-payments are deductible. Please consult your income tax professional for further guidance.
Online Payments End October 30, 2017 at 5 p.m.