The County Administrator serves as the chief administrative officer for the county government, an organization of more than 2,800 employees and a $485 million budget. The average resident likely doesn’t recognize all the things that are happening behind the scenes to ensure your taxpayer dollars are being spent effectively and efficiently.
Some of the County Administrator's primary responsibilities include:
- Implement policies of the County Board, including strategic priorities
- Develop and oversee the budget and capital budget
- Oversee the activities of all department heads appointed by the County Board
- Coordinate and/or collaborate on countywide activities involving departments with elected and appointed department heads
- Oversee Emergency Management Operations and Communications activities
- Direct the County’s annual legislative program
The County Administrator’s Office strives to provide the best possible, most fiscally responsible services to the citizens of Lake County. Residents, businesses and public officials can contact the County Administrator’s Office for additional information regarding any county government program or service.