Fast Track Building Permit
A Fast Track Building Permit is issued immediately upon application. The following minor projects are eligible for a fast track building permit if they are not located in a floodplain.
- Electrical upgrade
- Fence (not located in a drainage easement or intersection visibility triangle)
How Do I Apply?
Visit the Planning, Building and Development Department - Building & Code Enforcement office located in the Lake County Central Permit Facility, 500 W. Winchester Rd. Libertyville, Illinois. Your application must be made in person, by either the property owner or authorized agent.
What Do I Need?
- Legal description of the property or the Property Index Number (PIN)
- Application Form (To expedite the permit process, complete as much of the form as you can before coming to the Permit Facility.)
- If you are applying for a fence permit, you must provide a plat of survey or a plot plan that shows the location of the proposed fence.
- If you are applying for a re-roofing permit and the work will be done by a contractor, you must provide a roofing contractor’s license number. Note: This information is not required if the owner will perform the work.
For more information on the Fast Track Permit, please contact the Building and Code Enforcement Division at 847.377.2600.