The Lake County Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (AI was adopted by the Lake County Board on November 11, 2014.
It is Unlawful to Discriminate in Housing Based on These Factors...
- National origin
- Familial status (families with children under the age of 18 or who are expecting a child)
- Handicap (if you or someone close to you has a disability)
If You Believe Your Rights Have Been Violated...
If you wish to file a complaint with HUD, you may:
- Place a toll-free call to 800.669.9777 or TTY 800.927.9275
- Complete the online complaint form available on the HUD site; or
- Mail a completed complaint form or letter to:
Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Department of Housing & Urban Development
451 Seventh Street, S.W., Room 5204
Washington D.C. 20410-2000
Are you in need of legal assistance? Want to know your rights? Contact Prairie State Legal Services. Please visit the PSLS website or call 847.662.6925 for information to help you.