Site Development Permit for Grading, Filling and Site Restoration
A Site Development Permit may be required for grading, filling and site restoration projects depending on the specific site conditions. Applicability will be determined by the staff at the time of application.
Grading, Filling and Site Restoration work may include projects such as:
- Change in grade
- Site Restoration
- Filling (Not allowed in the floodplain without compensatory storage)
What Do I Need?
- The legal description of the property or the Property Index Number (PIN)
- Site Plan and Topographic Survey/Grading Plan requirements:
Health Department approval if the site contains a septic system (Individual Sewage Disposal (ISD) system). The ISD permit can be applied for and reviewed concurrently with the Site Development Permit.
Driveway access approval from the appropriate highway authority such as: Township Highway Commission, Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT), Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) , private road governing authority.
Permit fees are required at the time of application. A check, cash, or credit/debit card are accepted. Additional fees may be required for a wetland Jurisdiction Determination (JD).
- Three (3) complete sets including septic design, if applicable. The plans must be signed and sealed by a professional engineer or a certified surveyor of the State of Illinois.
- Three (3) complete sets of revised documents, if revisions are required.
Your site may be inspected at anytime and it must be in compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance and the approved engineering plans at all times. Please see the list of required inspections.