It is the policy of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office to accept bond to secure an inmate’s release from the Lake County Jail. Bond procedures are as follows for in-person posting (paying):
- Bond will be accepted through jail reception located at 20 S. County Street, Waukegan, twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven days a week.
- Individuals posting bond must complete the Inmate Bond Identification Form.
- Bond is only accepted in the form of cash or a certified cashier’s check.
- If bond is posted (paid) with a certified cashier’s check, the certified cashier’s check must be made payable to the “Clerk of the Circuit Court”.
- A $21 bond processing fee must be paid separately at the time of bond posting.
- If the bond processing fee is paid with a certified cashier’s check, the certified cashier’s check must be made payable to “The Lake County Sheriff”.
- Personal checks, credit or debit cards, and traveler’s checks are NOT accepted for bond payment.
- Individuals posting bond must complete page 2 of the 19th Judicial Circuit’s Bail Bond Form, acknowledging the bond posted may be used to pay costs, attorney’s fees, fines, or other purposes authorized by the Court.
- When bond money posted (paid) is $10,000 or more, or if the inmate is charged with a statute of the controlled substances section, racketeering, or money laundering, the social security numbers of both the inmate (defendant) and the individual posting the bond must be provided. In addition, bonder must complete a Lake County Source of Bond Information Form and must provide a valid photo I.D. Acceptable forms of I.D. include:
- State driver’s license or identification card.
- Valid military I.D.
- Mexican Matricula card
- Passport with attached photo
Bond procedures are as follows for Touchpay online and kiosk posting (paying) to an inmate’s account for self bonding. Touchpay provides the following payment options:
- Online: http://touchpayonline.com/waystopay#online
- Lobby Kiosks: (24 hours a day) Cash/Credit/Debit card transactions (located in the lobby of the Lake County Adult Correctional Facility, 20 S. County Street or 15 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, in Waukegan, IL
- Toll Free Call: 866.232.1899