About the DECI Program
DECI Training Workshop - March 28, 2014
See flyer for details
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
College of Lake County, Building C, Downstairs Auditorium
19351 W. Washington Street, Grayslake
$30/person includes continental breakfast and box lunch
6 PDHs, 6 CECs
Pre-registration required. Register online: http://chicago.apwa.net/events/12352
Who should attend: all current listed DECIs seeking relisting, those interested in becoming DECIs, and anyone interested in learning about soil erosion and sediment control.
Sponsored by College of Lake County, SMC, American Public Works Association Lake Branch.
DECI Re-Listing Process Underway
To be relisted, you will need to provide SMC with the following prior to February 28, 2014:
- A signed statement requesting re-listing by the SMC; and,
- Check or money order for $60.00 made payable to Lake County SMC for the DECI relisting processing fee; and,
- Documentation, using the Continuing Education reporting form, of a minimum number of hours of work-related training per guidelines in the memo.
Field Inspection Form
If you would like to receive a fillable Word version of the DECI Field Inspection Form, email Brian Cook.
The DECI Exam is available to take on-line. Please email Brian Cook for the link.
DECI Continuing Education
There are several opportunities available for continuing education. The following is a partial list of options that SMC has reviewed and approved:
- Encap, Inc. offers a series of short (3-5 minute) videos, "The Erosion Control Minute," on a variety of topics that are very applicable to the DECI program. The series archive may be found at http://encapinc.net/videoarchive.shtml. SMC will approve 0.25 continuing education hours per video watched.
- Redvector.com is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- RV-5503 Basic Erosion and Sediment Control – 6 hours
- RV-1840 Erosion and Sediment Control – 8 hours
Take either of these approved courses as an alternate to a DECI workshop.
- PDHOnline.org is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- C142 – Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices – 4 hours
- C188 – Soil Erosion and Sediment Control – 3 hours
Take both of these approved courses as an alternate to a DECI workshop.