County Division of Transportation is committed to providing safe,
efficient, and well-maintained county highways and bikeways to improve
the general welfare of travelers in our communities and foster the
orderly economic development of the county.
- The construction, engineering, planning and maintenance of
county highways in accordance with the Illinois Highway Code for the use
of the traveling public.
- The maintenance of the county vehicle fleet for the user departments.
- The coordination of township road districts by the office of the County Engineer for the township highway commissioners.
- The coordination of local federal transportation aid and reviews of
public transportation in Lake County for agencies and the traveling
- The review of proposed roads as part of the County Subdivision Ordinance for the township highway commission and new residents.
- The implementation of other functions by state statute and the county board for the residents of Lake County.