Posting Subsequent Taxes
After Current Years Tax Becomes Delinquent
A tax certificate holder may not pay a subsequent tax or special assessment for any year, nor shall any tender of such a payment be accepted, until after the second or final installment of the subsequent tax or special assessment has become delinquent or until after the holder of the certificate of purchase has filed a petition for a tax deed under Section 22.30. The person redeeming shall also pay the amount of interest charged on the subsequent tax or special assessment and paid as a penalty by the tax certificate holder. This amendatory Act of 1995 applies to tax years beginning with the 1995 taxes, payable in 1996, and thereafter.
- Tax certificate holders that petitioned for tax deed may post current taxes this year after September 24th.
- To begin the posting process, please e-mail your request to email@example.com
- The request should include the following:
- You will then receive a spreadsheet of buyer numbers and PIN#s. You must put an X by each parcel that is to be posted. This will act as a contract that you have given us permission to process only the parcels you wish to post.
- Once this is received, we will email it back with the payment amount. Once we receive your payment it will be processed and you will receive your posted receipts. We must have payment prior to posting.
- If there is a timing issue with a redemption or taxpayer payment, a refund will be issued to you.
- If you wish to make a payment in person, you can go to our website payment status to print out a current bill.
- If you want us to print your bills, there will be a $5 per parcel duplicate bill fee.