Posting Subsequent Taxes
After Current Years Tax Becomes Delinquent
A tax certificate holder may not pay a subsequent tax or special assessment for any year, nor shall any tender of such a payment be accepted, until after the second or final installment of the subsequent tax or special assessment has become delinquent or until after the holder of the certificate of purchase has filed a petition for a tax deed under Section 22.30. The person redeeming shall also pay the amount of interest charged on the subsequent tax or special assessment and paid as a penalty by the tax certificate holder. This amendatory Act of 1995 applies to tax years beginning with the 1995 taxes, payable in 1996, and thereafter.
- Tax Buyers must notify us at least 24 hours in advance of payment.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a spreadsheet of PIN numbers separated by buyer number.
- Treasurer will email back the list of available PIN numbers, separated by buyer number.
- Tax buyer must approve final list.
- After approval, you will be given an assigned time to make the payment.
- Out of area buyers that are unable to post sub taxes in person may sign up to pay by wire. There will be a $25 fee for each wire; because of the extra processing there will be a $5 duplicate bill fee, per parcel, per PIN number. Those fees will not be added to the redemption record. If you want to pay by check you will need to come into our office.
- It's the buyer's responsibility to check for redemptions and see if current taxes are paid prior to sub taxing.
- Please check our website www.lakecountyil.gov/treasurer under tax sale information for updates.