Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services
Lake-McHenry Veterans and Family Services (LMVFS) is a program that provides free and confidential services to anyone who serves or has served in the U.S. Armed Forces, their family members and their loved ones. This is a community-based program staffed by veterans and family members of veterans offering peer-to-peer support.
The LMVFS program provides:
- Peer-to-Peer Support
- Links to services such as emergency housing and food
- Screenings, clinical assessments and referrals
- Individual, family and group counseling
- Case management
- Crisis intervention
- Suicide prevention education
- Veteran and family support and discussion groups
The LMVFS has three locations:
- 121 E. Grand Ave., Lake Villa, IL
- 3010 Grand Ave., Waukegan, IL
- and a Drop-In Center with computer access, events, workshops, and gatherings at 5330 W. Elm St. (Rte. 120), McHenry, IL
They can also be reached by phone at 847.377.VET6 (8386), on Facebook, or on their website.