The Board is appointed by the Chief Elected Official in every workforce area. By law, local Workforce Development Boards are required to maintain at least a 51% representation from the business sector. The intent of this law is to develop a workforce development system based upon local business needs, which is accountable to all customers. The remaining board membership includes entities representing labor organizations, education and training providers, economic and community development, and the public sector. Diversity is sought between small and large businesses, type of services and industry, and geographical location. Each Board member has the responsibility to participate in at least one committee.
- Board Chair: Jennifer Harris, CR Search, Inc.
- Board Vice Chair: Andrew Warrington, United Conveyor Corp.
- Kurt Beier, First Institute
- Jack Borre, Baxter
- Greg Burns, Allstate
- Sam Cade, Siemens Building Technologies, Inc.
- Kevin Considine, Lake County Partners
- Laura Crivlare, Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Timothy Dempsey, The Dempsey Financial Group
- J. A. Tony Figueroa, P3 Strategic
- Emily Garrity, ConnectVETS
- Christine Hammerlund, Assured Healthcare
- Scott Jones, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Dennis Kessler, Midwest Family Business Advisors
- Noelle Kischer-Lepper, City of Waukegan, Office of the Mayor
- Kristi Long, United Way of Lake County
- Lacie Mayer, Six Flags Great America
- Edward Melton, Prairie Park Partners
- Pete Olson, Lake County Building and Construction Trades Council
- Pastor Eugene Roberson, First Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church
- Carlotta Roman, Tenneco, Inc.
- S. Michael Rummel, Lake County Board
- Dr. Arlene Santos-George, Lake County Area Planning Council
- Jennifer Serino, Lake County Workforce Development Department
- Patrick Statter, Local 881 UFCW
- Karen Stoneman, Sysmex America, Inc.
- Dr. Lori Suddick, College of Lake County
- Ginny Weekly, Illinois Department of Human Services
- Roycealee Wood, Regional Superintendent of Schools
To learn more about the Lake County Workforce Development Board, or if you are interested in being appointed to serve on the Board or one of its committees, please email JSerino@LakeCountylL.gov or call 847.377.2224.